torsdag 30 oktober 2014

Overgrown garden and "Big scary dinosaur"

Friday I helped Ashely preparing horses for Sunday's race, we rode on Divo and Starbow to feel so they felt strong and they did! Then it was time to give them a beauty bath, wash legs and tail and make them shine! Shantalle joined us and we took three other horses for a training ride. 


This time the race was just a 2 hour car ride from the house, so sunday morning I took the kids with me on a road trip to visit the race area! On the way we passed this place were someone makes sculptures from drift wood, this was so amazing to see and the kids loved it! or at least Lauchlan did, Sacha was scared of the animals so she stayed in the car while Lauchlan and I went out and had a look. We saw a big Dinosaur, ostrich, deer and a horse. We also stopped to see the Raurimu Spiral, a single-track railway spiral that was build because the terrain was to steep for a train to climb.

When we arrived to the race area had Clay and Ash already finished their 40km race. Shantalle did 80km and were still out on here last loop.  Im still learning the rules but when you do a 40km, you ride 2x20km without a break and after you do a vet check. But when you ride a 80km, you ride 2x30km and then 1x20km, you have a 40min break between every loop and vet check. Vet check means your horse heart rate cant be over 65, if its over you are disqualified and you also have to pass a trot up. There is different levels on horses and riders; Novice, Intermediate, Open and FEI and Im still learning about this.

The rest of the week have been very calm here, the kids have been sick and it have been raining a lot, so we have mostly been inside. Shantalle took the kids to the doctor Tuesday morning so I helped out with the docking. Im not coughing anymore so I hope that I get to stay healthy this time! My ribs were starting to feel better and I can sleep without pain from them. But today in the car down to Ohakune I coughed and I heard something crack and break. It hurt so much and I had to stop the car and open the door to not faint. So I guess I have to endure my painful ribs for a while longer...

Me and the kids have a mission, to fix our greenhouse and start planting and growing potatoes, vegetables and other goodies. I will update you with this but we have some work to do before we can start planting! So if you have some awesome gardening advice, please do not hesitate to give them to me! I think I will need them!






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar