torsdag 23 oktober 2014

Hard working = Muscle soreness!

Like I told you last week it's docking time at the farm, we have been docking about 300-500 lambs a day! My station is to lift the lambs up and then vaccinate them. I got a little curious about how much you lift during docking, and if I do 300 lambs a day, I lift about 6 tons of lambs!! No wonder you get tired after a while. So I'm glad that Clay can replace me when I need a break. The kids loves to be around during docking, especially Sacha she is usually in the sheepfold with me and helping by choosing the lambs she wants me to lift up next. Sometimes she even lifts them up if they are small baby lambs.



Last friday we had a cross country run in school! Sacha was probably the youngest there so she ran the level 1 with the 5 year old kids. there were about 200 kids from schools around in the area. Sacha came some were in the middle of all the kids that ran level 1. She did so good and I am really proud of her! She was a little upset that only the winner of each level received a medal and not her. But there is nothing an ice cream can't fix.


Me and the kids took a trip to Whanganui saturday morning, because their daddy, that I never meet, finally had some time to see his kids! So I got a day in Whanganui to do some shopping and went to the movies. I saw the movie "Let's be Cops", it was a long time ago I laughed so much at a movie!
Before it was time to pick up the kids, I filled my little Mazda with groceries from the supermarket. Shantalle and Ashely always pre-order online so I can just pick it up.  One of the things that was on the list were 35 long life milk cartons, the car was pretty full!

I have been riding almost every day this week! I have been riding out by my self on Zurim and it is an absolutely incredible feeling to just let everything go for a moment and it's just me, Zurim and this beautiful landscape filled with sheep. We have so much to explore together!




Yesterday the reggae artist Pa Pa Flava came to visit the kids in School! A very inspiring day for all of us. They had a lot of good questions for him and they performed together. The children danced and sang some of their native songs for him and he came up with some new beats for them.

Today I decided to go to the Waitonga Falls. I packed my backpack and after I left the kids at daycare I drove up to Mount Ruapehu. It was an "easy" walk to the falls, a bit steep but a very well-made path to walk on. The Waitonga Falls is 39m high a very beautiful waterfall. I jumped on the small rocks over the gushing river to get to the other side. Im very happy I did because then I saw the falls even better. I climbed up on the biggest rock I could find and I just sat there, enjoyed the beautiful view and ate my apple. It was a very peaceful area and I meet 12 other hikers during my hike.








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar