torsdag 4 september 2014

My First Week

I left Sweden August 26th 2014 to start the adventure of my life!
I already got a job to be Nanny to two kids, Sacha 4 years and Lauchlan 2 years old.

We had a short connection in London since the plane was delayed in Gothenburg.
I meet a Swedish Girl, Bella, on the bus from terminal 5 to terminal 3 in London Heathrow. You do know that the world is small when Bella and I is from the same small town Lysekil, Sweden. She actually applied to the same job i New Zealand, the one I got! And now she were going to Australia instead.

On the plane to Hong Kong I slept like a baby. Watched one movie, had my dinner and I was out.

Well in Hong Kong me and Bella meet Annie, another swedish girl on her way to Australia. I was shocked there were no restaurant on the airport in Hong Kong that served sushi!?
My Plane from Hong Kong to Auckland was delayed almost one hour so I had plenty of time looking at the tax free shops!
Well on the last plane I had a window seat! yeah!! The plane was far from fully, so I had my own VIP row in economy class! That is luxury!

I arrived to Auckland after almost 32 hours of traveling, but it sure felt so much faster! I arrived but my Backpack didn't.  It was stuck some were on the way, it probably missed the connection i London or something. So the called my name in the speakers when i was standing waiting on the bags. So no bags but 130 dollars from the airport instead. When they told me that they would deliver my backpack to the adress of the farm, they did not now that it's up in the mountains were the post only delivers once a week.

Thursday 28th of August
Shantalle, the kids mum, picked me up in Auckland, and we had a 6 hour drive up to the farm.
On the small very narrow gravel road up to the house, we meet three of the farm horses on the road in the dark. and the walked very nicely infront of the car all the way up to the farm.

Im so happy I got a electric blanket to put in my bed, because its so cold in the room, no insulation or heaters in my room. So I snuggled up in my bed with dubbel blankets and one electric!

Friday 29th of August
I can tell you that is was dark when I arrived to the farm the evening before and OMG what a incredible view it is up here!! It really is breathtaking! I meet the kiddies and followed Shantalle around on the quads. The farm is so big and the landscape is so amazing! Mount Ruapehu is the name of the big mountain on the picture, it is also the closest Skiing area here, only two hours! Im going there soon on my days of! the skiing season is until October so I have time.

The airport called me, my bag had arrived to Auckland and the delivered it to Wanganui airport, (two hours from the house) and we were going to pick it up on sunday!

Sunday 31th of August 
I love the Kids and I think they love me! we have so much fun together, but they have a strong will sometimes. We went down to pick my backpack and I got to see how to drive to town and around to all places the kids need to go, like day care once a week, library, supermarket... and then it was my turn to drive the car!! on the wrong side of the road!! I was a little nervous but it went fine! the annoying thing is when I want to turn and put the arrow on, I put the wipers instead..! I guess I will get used to it!;)



Thursday 4th of September
The days are long and goes quickly, I already been here for a week! It is so fantastic here, I been out riding and been on pic-nic with the kids! We have four lambies that we need to bottle feed 6 times a day. Today is my day of, so I followed Shantalle down to Raetihi were the children's daycare is, and to see the roads again, because tonight i need to find the way my self! I have been at the library in Ohakune, because here is WiFi! and now Im going to explore a little!




       




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar