torsdag 16 oktober 2014

New born foal, docking time and Im coughing again..!

Thursday 16th October


It took me about 5 weeks to get rid of my cough, I had one week when I actually started too feel like my self and then the kids got a cold and of course I got it too... so now Im coughing again! This time I lost my voice and I think I coughed one of my ribs of or something because it hurts like hell! Lauchlan got an ear infection so the last one and a half week have been kind of calm, we been home at the farm having picnics in the sun, painting and making our own toys!


When I woke up one morning, it was a beautiful morning with a clear blue sky and you could see all the clouds covering everything under our house. Even the house were the kids live was in the clouds. So I can now say that I have touched a cloud! ;)


October 7th was Clays birthday, but he insists that it's not called birthday when you are hatched from an egg. So of course me and the kids baked an suiting cake for him!


Last weekend it was time for another horse race, 80km for Shantalle and Ashely and 40km for Clay and Ash. But last friday Summer, one of the horses, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Kahuna Alpha ME, and she got some complications after the foaling. So Ashely and Ash decided to stay home because the vet had to do some visits. She is now feeling fine and is enjoying the beautiful weather with her baby Alpha.
Shantalle and Clay went to the race, so me and the kiddies had a sleepover. This time Lauchlan stayed awake so all
three of us could Skype with my parents and even my brother. The Horse race went very good for both Shantalle and Clay they qualified!

School started this monday and it was nice to see all the kids and teachers again after the holidays. Sacha had a great first day, but Lauchlan was a little shy in the beginning. Two weeks is like a lifetime for a two year old!;) When we came back yesterday to school he was as happy as always!
They have started to do some gardening in school and next week they are going to start planting all sorts of vegetables, Sacha loves it!
Tomorrow, Friday 17th, it's the school Trail running day. About 200 kids from schools in the area will participate. There is going to be three different levels on the trails and Sacha is going to run the level 1. We did a try run yesterday and she was awesome! she finished first on the level 1 trail and of all the 9 kids she was third over the finish line! Of course Lauchlan wanted to run so I ran with him. some part I had to carry him but then he ran himself.
Sacha is really exited for tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for her!

Docking time is starting at the farm and yesterday when we came home from school they had brought home about 200 sheep and lambs. Docking time is when all the lambs get their vaccinations, ear marks and tail cut. I got to help with one of the vaccinations that you give them in their mouth. Their is about 6000 sheep on the farm and average all have at least on lamb, so we have a few left..! This is a new experience for me and Im so happy that I get the chance to be a part of this!  

   

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar