lördag 4 oktober 2014

It's snowing on my palmtrees

I woke up this morning of the children screaming just outside my hotel window, they screamed of happiness!
"It's snowing, It's snowing"
When I got up from my bed I looked out through the window, and yes 10 new centimeters of snow lay like a blanket on the ground. It's just to bad that this is my last day of, because if they open the ski area tomorrow it's going to be awesome skiing! I had planned to go skiing these three days, but I only got to ski one. Because of the strong winds and snowfall the two last days everything have been closed. I did get to try the new 2015 Solomon Q98 ski, and a really liked it!



The skiing area Whakapapa is located on Mount Ruapehu 2797m, this is an active volcano. The highest point you can reach by using the ski lift is 2320m then you have to hike. If you compared the slopes in Whakapapa with Åre, Sweden I must say that Åre wins! But it's so beautiful here and the terrain is so different. If you have the chance to come here, do it! I stayed at the Park Hotel Ruapehu, a very cosy hotel with good standard and very good food in the resturant. just a 20 minutes drive up to the ski area.  


Last weekend me and the kiddies had a sleep over down at their house when Shantalle, Clay and Ashely x2 went with four of the horses on a 40km race. We had a lot of fun taking care of the farm! Me and Sacha skyped with my wonderful parents that was up in Åre and moved out all my stuff from my apartment, THANK YOU for the help!<3 And thanks to Matilda and Lauri that helped!

The race went really good! Shantalle got first place in front of Ashely who got second place, Ash qualified so he can now ride in longer race. Clay had to retire as Zurim bruised his heel.

This week and next is School holidays, so no school for Sacha. Instead we enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather an had a lot of picnics and smaller hikes. Im starting to understand that the ozone layer is considerably thinner here and that your skin burns quickly if you do not use sunscreen. Clay told me that in summer time the burning time without sunscreen is about 11 minutes!! Thats crazy.

As Im writing this, I am sitting in the hotel bar in the National Park Village looking out of the window, it has stopped snowing now and the roads is starting to clear up. It's time for me to get on the road.
Im thinking to go to Whanganui to the cinema there before it's time to head back to the house again.









  


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar