torsdag 18 september 2014

10968 miles from home and I love it!

There is one special house Im passing on my way in to town. Its a big white house on the right side of the road located up on a hill and every time Im looking up on the house I can see the flag of New Zealand dancing in the wind. This makes me pinch my arm and smile, Im in New Zealand!

This Picture I took from the small gravel road up to the farm last week when I was driving home from Ohakune. I have said it before and I am probably going to say it many more times, the view from here is so amazing!


This week have been long for all on the farm, Ashely got a call last week about a person that were not able to take care of the animals, many of them horses. They were starving, just skin and bones and most of them totally feral. Ashely and Ash went there with the cattle truck and brought back 9 horses in different ages, some very young and all of them purebred arabs. They have been working so hard with these horses the whole week and you can see the improvement. Ashely have three horses at the time she is working with, while the others are out in the field eating. She have already started to find new homes for some of them and one is leaving this sunday. Im so impressed of the work she is doing! These horses deserve so much more!

We had some rain during the week so me and the kids have been inside playing and baking. We been to school and Sacha really loves school! It's a very creative school, they are doing a lot of artwork, dancing and singing. That fits a four year old perfect! Always in the car she wants me to turn around so she can go back to school!

Now we have 12 lambies and 1 calf to take care of, and they are eating a lot! The lambies is very cute and loves to cuddle, I named the calf Rosalie or Rosie and she is getting big and strong! but she always wants to suck on you and she is drooling a lot..! So I have like calf drool on all my clothes now.
Im now "trusted" with the motorbikes! That makes everything a little bit easier because they don't need to drive me around.


Yesterday after school Me, Shantalle and Ash went out for a training ride and took all the working dogs with us. I were riding Starbow a wonderful chestnut and he has a lot of energy. We took a new road that i never been on before and these horses never stop to impress me! we went down through the valley and the in to one of the fields and the it started to go up, steep up through the valley again. The horses are just going and going, canter and trotting mostly then walking a little, and they are re-boosting with new energy so quickly after a workout like this. Before I came here I have to say purebred arab horses were not my favorite, but I must say I have never meet a horse like these horses! They are just so amazing.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar