torsdag 25 september 2014

Spring = Sun and Snow

This week have offered everything from cold and rainy winter days to hot summer days! Most of the houses are not insulated here, like the one i live in, so on cold winter days its really cold inside if you don't have a heater inside, I don't in my room so this weekend I had about 10 degrees during the evening and night.. so I had a few nights when I went to bed really early, because my electric blanket is the only source of heat! Now it's turning and spring is on it's way! Yesterday the sun was shining so nice at us in school and we had about 22 degrees! It's so beautiful with all the flowers!

Me and the kids went with Shantalle to her parents earlier this week, they live in Bulls outside Whanganui. We stayed there for one night, her parents have a farm in a very nice area and the land is much flatter down there. The day after we left the kiddies with there grandma and we went shopping. I bought a pair of new riding pants, because mine is starting to "give up".
I also bought two pairs of jeans and one hoodie. I weren't that smart when I decided to bring a pair of light blue jeans to a farm in middle of winter. It's kind of muddy up at the farm. Later on we meet up for some lunch and then we went to the supermarket to pick up the monthly preordered food. Five big food carts full of food, lucky that they have a big car to put everything in.

This weekend four of our horses are going competing in a race, I think it's a 120km race. Me and the kids will stay at home and take care of the farm.



When I got up this morning and looked out the window, the weather was so perfect! After I left the kids at daycare and on my way to the library I had so big cravings for snow! On the way to Ohakune you are just driving towards Mount Ruapehu, so today i did not stop at Ohakune, I just had to get up to the snow! The road went slowly up through the Tongariro National Park, a very beautiful road full of palm trees. Those of you who know me know I have a fondness for palm trees! Then appeared Ruapehu up behind a curve, and the road immediately became much steeper and curvier. There was snow along the way but it was very good road conditions. Otherwise my little Mazda would not had make it all the way up to the parking lot. My plan was to just come back down, but I started to get hungry and I needed a coffee, real coffee no instant shit ;). Of course, was the top car park full so I had to park further down and walk in the snow beside the slope, with my white converse and jeans up to the restaurant. I must have looked really funny when I passed all that went in ski boots and carrying skis. I ate my breakfast out on the terrace and enjoyed the sun.


Now Im sitting in the Library and have just booked my hotel for next week, I have three days of so Im going skiing! Ruapehu have two sides the one I visit today, Turoa and the other one is Whakapapa, this is were Im going to next week for skiing! Now I must by some sunscreen, the sun is really strong here and you burn so fast!
On monday the two week long school holiday starts here. "What are we going to do when we can't go to school?" Sacha loves school!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar